To install Skype for Windows you will need to download it from their website. You will have two different options here: a ‘Light Installer’ and a ‘Full Installer’. These are explained below:
− Manages the download process - if you have any hardware or network issues, the download can be resumed without the need to start again.
− Learn about Skype features while Skype downloads and installs
− Size: Approximately 1.9Mb
• The Skype application (remainder)
− Size: Approximately 18Mb
• You can find the latest version of these files here:
− http://www.skype.com/go/download (Gold versions)
− http://www.skype.com/go/download-beta (Beta versions, when available)
“Full Installer”. This version is available in a single installer file, and is useful for:
• Installation where an internet connection is not available
• Size: Approximately 21Mb
• Users who wish to retain a copy of the application to install at a later date, for example on multiple computers.
• You can find the latest version of this file here:
− http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full (Gold versions)
− http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full (Beta versions, when available)
Skype is listed in the Windows Add or Remove Programs list – go to the Windows “Control Panel” to access this. All entries relating to Skype are shown in the list with the “Skype” name.
When uninstalling, you will be asked if you wish to remove your Skype data (IM history, etc). If you decide to do this, your data cannot be recovered.