Well, now you've signed up and logged in. You're ready to start blogging on your profile page, and posting comments in the forums, or one other people's profile pages. But how can we make this easier, once you've left your computer, to come back to us here at GoodOldTalk.com? Here are our suggestions:
1. Don't click on 'logout' (Top Right of the Home Page). Because if you don't logout, you won't have to log back in again! Which means you won't have to go through the whole 'remembering and typing in correctly both Username and (new) password...'
2. Click on the 'Set us as your Home Page' button, on the top right of the Home Page. By doing this, each time you enter the internet, GoodOldTalk.com will be the first page that appears. And if you're logged in already (Tip one, above) then you can just start reading and posting! Do not feel obligated to have it as your only home page, most web browsers will ask if you want it as your only homepage or as one of them. Choose whichever suits you.
3. A lot of people of the internet want to look up information using a Search Engine such as google or Yahoo! search. To facilitate this, we have a google search box on our Home Page, top left. This is IDENTICAL to using the google home page to search through, except that we here at GoodOldTalk decided to set the parameters to 'SafeSearch'. This means that you'll still get all the same search results, but the 'junk' sites have been filtered out. Which is exactly what we want!
So you can still do all the searching you need to, right from the GoodOldTalk Home Page. And if you ever want to come back to the GoodOldTalk.com website, all you have to do is click on the 'Home' button at the top of your computer screen (it looks like a house) - and you'll come straight back here (If you've followed Tip two, above, that is!)
Hope these are helpful!
To view the video on these hints, please watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/CeridwynBloxham?feature=mhum#p/u/3/4T7UJMVJNiE
1. Don't "logout"
2. Set us as your Home Page (Click on the link on the Home Page)
3. Search using the google Search Box on the Home Page.