Current Size: 100%
3 System Requirements for Skype
• PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
• Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
• Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
• For voice and video calls, a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
• For High Quality Video calls, you will need a high quality video webcam and software, a dual-core processor computer and a fast broadband connection (384 kbps).
• Windows 2000
• Windows XP
• Windows Vista
Skype also works on Windows 7 (Beta), however they do not officially support this operating system. Skype plans to release further versions with improvements for Windows 7 compatibility in the future.