Current Size: 100%
2 Transferring Shortcuts to your Desktop
This guide was inspired by a query from Jean Truscott, who wanted to put her 'Outlook Express' icon back onto her Desktop after it had been inadvertedly removed. So the instructions below are for that specific task, however the same principles apply regarding placing shortcuts on your desktop.
To place your Outlook Express shortcut icon onto your desktop, follow these steps:
- Open ‘MyDocuments’ – either using Windows Explorer or ‘My Computer’ (under ‘Start’)
- Click on ‘C:\’ then ‘Program Files’ then ‘Outlook Express’.
- A list of the files within Outlook Express will appear in the pane on the right. One of these files should have the Outlook Express icon on its left (the envelope with the two blue arrows) and it is a Application file. Mine was called ‘msimn’ and was 59KB in size.
- Click on this file and drag it over your desktop. This is creating your shortcut.
- Close ‘My Documents’, and you should see your shortcut icon left on the desktop. Double-click on it, and this will take you directly to Outlook Express.